Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Time Out

Sunday afternoons are my favorite. Everyone is happy and content to just relax and play around the house at home. I really just love that we are all home with not too much to do. This past Sunday, the boys were just running around and goofing off together, going from one room to another. I was in the family room and they had last been seen running in between their room and ours. Jackson comes walking alone into the family room and starts playing with some toys. No Baron following behind him, which is unusual.

Me: "Hey Jackson. Where's your brother?"
Jackson: "He's in a time-out in my bed."
Me: "Who put him in a time-out? And why is he in one?"
Jackson: "I just put Baron James in a time-out because he needs to take a chill pill"

(Baron James and Jackson Jeffrey are what I sometimes say when they get caught or get in trouble).

I walk on over to the boys room and open the door and sure enough, there is Bear, sitting on Jackson's bed like he was in a time-out. Once he saw me though, he got up with a smile that seemed to say, "Thanks for rescuing me!" and ran out of the room to go play.

Jackson pays way to much attention to what we say and do lately. He has become quite the little parrot/copy cat. And when you teasingly call him a copy cat, he always says, "I'm not a cat! I'm just Jackson!"

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Ethan says the exact same thing when we call him anything else - good or bad. I'll say something like, "are you my little snuggle bug" and Ethan says, "no, I'm just Ethan!" Or "I'm just a boy." So funny! I love that Baron was good enough to sit in his "time out". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha I love that you put these awesome moments on here!

    ReplyDelete